I started to put this under my checklist for things to do in the spring, but the post is getting a little long, so I’ll start a new one. I was in Michigan this weekend and Dad and I were moving cars around in the barn and I was showing him my window problems. He has been in the auto glass business for 50 yrs and we built up a couple of cans in the 70’s so he is my glass expert. I showed him the Windshield where it was leaking and he recommended new rubber since it was probably hard. That is pretty easy to get. It is about $17.00 each. I also noticed that one of my other windows were loose. Most of the mechanics stripped and they also need new seals. I have found out that the windows used are Hehr L 2186. These were used in non- Westfalia in the US during the 50’s through the 60’s.
It looks like the rubber and gasket isn’t too bad. I have found it so far at the Vintage Trailer Supply. Has the molding for $24.99 for 24ft. They also have the backframe gasket, 24 ft for $39.00, Il need 2 of those. 😦 . Then the mechanism These are 7 inches, but I need to measure since they are different lenghts. Not sure why I didn’t do that this weekend. Then finally the mechanisms are $17.95 a piece. Then finally the little nylon slides at $3.95. . . . So for $235 plus shipping I can get these fixed. Not too bad I guess.